Loading page...

Romanian Business News - ACTMedia :: Services|About us|Contact|RSS RSS


Agriculture: USDA projects 36% bigger oilseed production in Romania

The US Department of Agriculture (USDA) estimates a 36% increase in oil plant production (sunflower seeds, rapeseed, and soybeans) to 4.2 mln tonnes in Romania, amid favorable weather conditions and 7% larger cultivated areas.   In total, Romania could export about 2.6 mln tons of oilseeds, 43% above the level of 1.8 mln tons estimated for the marketing year 2021/2021 which will end this month. In 2019/2020, Romania exported around 2.3 mln tons, by 24% over ...

Article accessible to subscribers only. Please login or subscribe.