Loading page...

Romanian Business News - ACTMedia :: Services|About us|Contact|RSS RSS


Romanian auto-market drops by 22.6% in 2020,

The sales of new cars in Romania have dropped by 22.6% in 2020, as opposed to the previous year, although vehicle registration recorded growth in the last 4 months of the year, and the sales of green automobile have gone up by 103.5%, according to the data published on Tuesday by the Automobile Manufacturers and Importers Association (APIA).

On the national market, the top brands (automobiles + commercial vehicles), at the end of 2020, is led by Dacia, with 42,356 units, followed by Renault - with 11,796 units, Volkswagen (10,957 units), Skoda (10,288 units), Ford (9,910 units) and Toyota (6,870 units).

For the "green" vehicles, namely the electric ones (100% and plug-in hybrids), as well as the full hybrids (which have electric propulsion without charging from an external source) there was a growth of 33,3% in 2020, comparing with auto

The specialty analysis shows that the majority of automobile acquisitions registered in Romania in 2020 were done by legal entities, which cover 55% of the total, the rest (45%) being for individuals.